Hit my head and injured neck. Hurts at base of skull. Face numb and tongue numb on right side. Could this be damage or facial/cranial nerve?

Dr. Mohammad Ashori

In brief: Cervical spine

That sounds suspicious.
Unlikely to be injury to facial nerve but could be issues with cervical spine. I would recommend getting seen for this and possibly having MRI of neck done or at least a thorough exam.

In brief: Cervical spine

That sounds suspicious.
Dr. Mohammad Ashori
Dr. Mohammad Ashori
Dr. Ira Katz
The facial nerve comes out of a few different spots (it has a few branches) in the front of the face. It does start from a "spinal nerve" so a cervical neck injury like above depending on nerve injured can cause pain in multiple locations as these are bigger nerves that give branches to others. So, I agree with the above, but you could have damaged the facial nerve at its start and others as wel
Dr. Eric Weisman