8 doctors weighed in:

I swallowed a plastic water bottle cap, I don't feel sick or anything but I'm worried i won't poop it out. ?

8 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics
4 doctors agree

In brief: Wouldn't worry on it

If it made it passed your stomach entrance it will most likely pass & you may not even be aware of it.
If you want to hurry it along you can eat stewed okra, which forms a congeal around such objects & softens the edges.

In brief: Wouldn't worry on it

If it made it passed your stomach entrance it will most likely pass & you may not even be aware of it.
If you want to hurry it along you can eat stewed okra, which forms a congeal around such objects & softens the edges.
Dr. James Ferguson
Dr. James Ferguson
Thank
Dr. John Scuba
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
2 doctors agree

In brief: Swallowed plastic

Foreign bodies swallowed are often dismissed as inconsequential.
Most pass through, especially indigestible items. The major concern is that the size and shape of an object may lead to it lodging in the intestine and cause bowel obstruction---a medical emergency. And plastic does not image well on xrays. Passing the cap may be felt to signal passing, but straining stool can also be done.

In brief: Swallowed plastic

Foreign bodies swallowed are often dismissed as inconsequential.
Most pass through, especially indigestible items. The major concern is that the size and shape of an object may lead to it lodging in the intestine and cause bowel obstruction---a medical emergency. And plastic does not image well on xrays. Passing the cap may be felt to signal passing, but straining stool can also be done.
Dr. John Scuba
Dr. John Scuba
Thank
1 comment
Dr. Julie Chao
Thanks Dr. Scuba for your answer. I agreed, the most concern is the bowel obstruction.
Dr. Julie Chao
Anesthesiology

In brief: Swallow

Most likely the water bottle cap will be in your stools within few days.
It is none digestable so it has to come if not then you will need to have a x-ray to find out where the FB is at.

In brief: Swallow

Most likely the water bottle cap will be in your stools within few days.
It is none digestable so it has to come if not then you will need to have a x-ray to find out where the FB is at.
Dr. Julie Chao
Dr. Julie Chao
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified,
385K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors