Good evening. I am a student manual therapist & have a pt with sub-acromial/deltoid bursitis, any info on referral for u/s guided steroid injections?

Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Don't need US to do

I am assuming there was an MRI that should increased fluid/signal on T2 images in the bursa and the clinical exam is consistent with bursitis and not AC or Labral or RTC pathology.
Any trained sports med doc, orthopedic doc can do this injection in the office and US is not needed. They can be very helpful in reducing pain and inflammation which can make it easier for them to do PT.

In brief: Don't need US to do

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine