I used dettol liquid mixed with water to wash my vagina. Now it burns when i pee. How long does this last and what can i do?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Stop douching

This is terrible stuff to put in the vagina! It has irritated the tissues and probably is the cause of the urinary pain.
It should clear up in a day or two, but see your doctor if it does not. You should never douche (vaginal wash) with anything; it is unhealthy and unnecessary for hygiene. If you have odor, discharge, or otherwise thinkg you have an infection, see your doctor, but never douche!

In brief: Stop douching

Dr. Adam Levy