Can the synthroid levothryoxine cause hair loss as a side effect? I have Hashimoto's and I'm afraid to take the medication for fear of losing my hair

Pathology

In brief: Take medication

You are more likely to lose hair from hypothyroidism than from taking thyroxine.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.

In brief: Take medication