Would an ANA Test usually be requested after or same time as CBC for diagnosis DLE Lupus Could something be found in CBC Result to warrant this Test?

Pathology

In brief: Why ordered

Discoid lupus usually doesn't require any labwork as it's obvious what's happening clinically.
However, about half these folks eventually get systemic lupus and it's good to have a heads-up -- this is more likely if ANA is positive.

In brief: Why ordered

Dr. Alvin Wells
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: CBC

A CBC is usually done as part of the workup for many inflammatory and autoimmune diseases such as discoid lupus.
There are changes in the CBC such as an elevated platelet count that may suggest systemic inflammation. It is also good to have a baseline CBC, so the changes may be monitored, especially if DMARD's such as methotrexate are used to. I recommend referral to a rheumatologist. I would be happy to provide additional services.

In brief: CBC

Dr. Andrea Brand