I got fast heart beat or heart rate without exercising my heart rate is 106 is that normal for my age at 21 can fear cause heart problems?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No, yes

That heart rate is high for a resting heart rate.
Anxiety can sometimes contribute to an elevation in baseline heart rate. I would schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor for a medical checkup, that would be a good place to start.

In brief: No, yes

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Rola Rimawi

In brief: Normal

A heart rate of 106 can be a normal response to fever, illness, dehydration, fear, exercise, etc.
. If you have a personal or family history of heart disease, chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, easy fatiguability then consult your PCP for further testing. Good luck

In brief: Normal

Dr. Rola Rimawi
Dr. Rola Rimawi
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine