Sudafed PE has helped at times to keep my Eustachian Tube open and fluid out of middle ear is it safe to use long term? ENT I went to wasn't any help.

Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Phenylepherine

is a potent systemic decongestant, and is sold OTC, you want to be cautious using it long term on your own, please read the labels carefully for side effects and drug-drug interaction.
Saline nasal washes, and at times steroid nasal sprays can help too, but that doesn't replace doctor's evaluation. You can have a second opinion, if you have access to another ENT, it is your right as a patient

In brief: Phenylepherine

Dr. Marsha Davis