Tightness in upper chest left side towards armpit. Ekg normal, xray shows bursitis, MRI shows cyst inside bone, ortho. Says no problem. What now?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Need More Exam

Although your ekg was normal you may still have heart problems.
You should consult a cardiologist. I doubt this is your problem though. A better physical exam and history may lead to other causes such as myofascial pain or trigger points. Trigger points are extremely common and my be the cause.

In brief: Need More Exam

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management

In brief: Pain Assessment

A cardiologist would be the most appropriate specialist to rule out conditions affecting the heart which can cause chest and left armpit pain.

In brief: Pain Assessment

Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Mark Cantieri
If cardiac evaluation is normal and you are probably looking at a stress test. If normal and you have no stomach/reflux symptoms I would inquire wheather you have a history of any shoulder injuries or and MVA where you may have an injury from the shoulder harness.
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: See an Internist.

You have many findings but no one has made sense of your symps.
Orthopedics seem to think that the bursitis (presumably in left shoulder) isn't the cause of chest tightness. An Internist is your best bet to help figure out the cause. Lung tests or other procedures may be in order, depending on your history & family's. Or use HealthTap Prime to discuss your symptoms if you can't wait or find one.GL

In brief: See an Internist.

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Umesh Patel