Would it be possible for a body to have adjusted to autoimmune hemolytic anemia over time. I have had fatigue, low grade fevers, positive coombs test, and an alarming drop in blood levels after surgery not losing much. Labs come back low normal.

Worth knowing. Let's finish your workup. Plenty of folks are Coombs-positive but not hemolyzing. If your reticulocyte count is up and you're well-nourished and aren't iron-deficient and it's been a while since surgery, maybe you're hemolyzing -- a reticulocyte count will tell you. With Coombs-pos, fatigue, low-grade fever, get tested for lupus. Your physician needs these missing pieces.
Autoimmune hemolytic. Autoimmune hemolytic anemia, after being treated, may still smolder along at low blood hemoglobin. The body can adapt to a wide range of serum hemoglobin levels, but please see your hematologist to be sure your anemia is optimally controlled.