I have bad cramps in my stomach and my back on the right side, it hurts to lay down on it. I also have chest pains as well. Is it gas or appendicitis?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Abdominal Pain

Right sided abdominal pain has several causes.
The pain from appendicitis tends to be more constant than crampy. Pain that comes in waves is more in keeping with gas or could be kidney related such as infection or a stone. Be checked if this persists soon! All the best. You also have an ovary and gallbladder on the right that can cause pain.

In brief: Abdominal Pain

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Stuart Hickerson

In brief: Appendicitis

Appendicitis, often starts out with abdominal pain that is generalized.
It can be associated with nausea, vomiting, or low grade fever. The pain will usually localize to the lower abdomen and especially to the right lower quadrant.

In brief: Appendicitis

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: It is difficult

to diagnose your findings without examining you and obtaining some laboratory testing.
Your symptoms are not typical for appendicitis so it is more likely to be gas but this cannot be adequately assessed over the internet. Please go see a health care professional as soon as possible for a thorough evaluation.

In brief: It is difficult

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine