What's the difference between Jevity 1.5 that I use through a peg tube and Ensure that I drink by mouth? Which is better? I have impaired swallowing.

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Different formulatio

There are 2 good questions here, & so I suggest you use HealthTap Prime or talk to the prescribing physician to get complete answers.
In general, Jevity is a high-protein formulation used in diabetic patients for short or long-term feeding. Ensure is a more balanced formulation that is used for weight gain. If you have swallowing trouble, the PEG tube is safer (won't get into lungs), but TTYD.

In brief: Different formulatio

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine