I an suffering from lower back pain for over a week now and it's difficult to even sit walk or stand what can help me?

Dr. Adam Rosh
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Benign or serious
Low back pain is very frustrating.
If this is your first episode then you always need to make sure it is not something serious (metastatic cancer to the spine, infection). Most back pain is musculoskeletal and harmless and 90% resolves by 6 weeks. It is important to stay active and to see your pmd to make sure it is not something more serious. Motrin in the mean time, .

In brief: Benign or serious
Low back pain is very frustrating.
Dr. Adam Rosh
Dr. Adam Rosh
Dr. Cheryl White
Pain Management
In brief: Seek specialist help
In my experience pmd's often do not have the time to order all the tests and read the resuts.
A reputable pain medicine physicinan has those skills and specializes in diagnosis. I have found cancer and other serious conditions that, caught early, can be effectively treated. Not saying pmd's are bad, but that someties a specialist can be more, well, specialized....

In brief: Seek specialist help
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Cheryl White