Can sinus tachycardia cause lightheadedness? I just found out on the 15th. It's only been going on for at least a week and only when I go up stairs.

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: The lightheadedness

you are experiencing is probably due to low blood pressure and the sinus tachycardia is a physiological response to this.
Not the other way around. Sinus tachycardia does not cause lightheadedness. These findings may be suggestive of autonomic dysfunction or a disorder called POTS (positional orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.) Ask your health care provider if you are being evaluated for this.

In brief: The lightheadedness

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine