My 2yo got stomach bug on Tues. I got it on Thurs & my Mom just got it now (Sat). We are all on vacation. Is it likely it is all the same bug?

In brief: Likely ,but

A new bug can make its rounds within a family.
These germs are prominent in oral secretions during the late incubation and fever stages.Good hand washing can sometimes reduce the transfer but it is difficult in close quarters. Incubation period varies in most from 12-72 hrs or so. It is likely the same bug but only testing could prove it.(not worth the effort)

In brief: Likely ,but

Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: Sounds like it

Most likely viral and since you all seem to be together. Sure sounds like you are just passing the virus.

In brief: Sounds like it

Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Shontae Buffington