I slipped and fell, after some hours my left big toe seemed stiff and it's so painful, I'm not able to walk properly. Pls what could be the cause?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Turf Toe.

There is not enough information to make a determination as to the exact nature of your injury.
Generally, after an injury like yours, the swelling can severely restrict the toes motion and cause both stiffness and pain. This is in part, the way your body begins the reparative processes associated with healing the damaged tissues. To remove all doubt, have your foot examined and possibly x-rayed.

In brief: Turf Toe.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine