I have an ulceration on my labia. I do not believe it is sexually transmitted. I am wondering if I need to see a doctor or should I let it heal?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Herpes?

Genital herpes is by far the most common of genital ulceration, so that's a good bet despite your belief it isn't sexually transmitted.
Herpes often causes its first recognized symptoms long after catching it, so it's often an issue when there have been no recent risky sexual exposures. See a doctor ASAP; diagnosis is most accurate and treatment most effective within 1-2 days of onset. Good luck!

In brief: Herpes?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham