I think my 2nd toe is broken. I hurt it playing basketball when I landed on it weird. It didnt hurt too bad when it happened. It was tolerable pain. Last night the toe looked normal so I didn't think anything of it but now the toe is noticeably swollen co

In brief: Deformity?

If it just the toe that is swollen and painful you probably have either sprained the toe or broken one of the small bones there.
If there is pain at the base of the toe, where it joins the rest of the foot, I would suggest going to a Podiatrist as a fracture in this area may need medical attention and possible X-rays to check for a break and misalignment.

In brief: Deformity?

Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Toe swelling

If your toe is broken it should be quite tender when you press on it.
If your pain is just mild in severity, then the swelling could be due to an injury to a ligament around the joints or tendon, or bruising of the skin. You could take ibuprofen, buddy tape the toe to the toes on either side, and apply ice for a while to make the swelling go down. If it continues to hurt, see a doctor for xray.

In brief: Toe swelling

Dr. Shontae Buffington