I have a pinched nerve in my neck which caused muscle weakness/atrophy in my right triceps and pectoral muscle. Is it possible to regain my strength?

Dr. Alvin Stein
Pain Management

If the pinched nerve problem is resolved and physical therapy is started with specific exercises to rebuild the muscles in the area.

Dr. Ritu Bhambhani
Pain Management

In brief: Aggressive theray

Depending on the duration of nerve injury.
Sometimes getting an EMG and nerve conduction test can tell if your nerve is regenerating. Aggressive physical therapy can help.

In brief: Aggressive theray

Dr. Shokei Yamada
Neurosurgery

In brief: It is possible.

The pinched nerve usually indicates the herniated disc compressing nerve roots, c7 in this case.
Anterior diskectomy and fusion at c6-7 level will improve motor funcition.

In brief: It is possible.

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Yes, but

Once the nerve has been decompressed by a surgeon there is a chance that the nerve will regenerate.
This is a slow process and will not be immediate. If the nerve was permanently damaged then your strength might not come all the way back. Good luck.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine