Ive been sick on & off for the last month w/ sinus & ear infections. Yesterday, I went to bed w/ the worst post nasal drip & woke up with the most HORRIBLE sore throat of my life that isn't going away! Dr called in Clarithromycin. What else can I do?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Control nose

The sinus and ear infections are most likely from obstruction of their openings from the allergic rhinitis.
The most important step is to decongest the nose (nasal steroid) so that these organs can drain. Just antibiotic alone will not likely provide long-term relief. See an allergist if this has been a recurrent problem.

In brief: Control nose

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Shontae Buffington