The back of my tongue is sore and I find it hard to swallow, it's stronger in my mouth on the right side and I've also got ear ache in my right ear.

Dr. Vasudha Kaushik

In brief: Aphthous ulcer

This sounds like oral ulcer. The pain in the ear is referred pain from irritation of glossopharyngeal nerve that supplies tongue as well.
Avoid consuming hard, hot, spicy foods. Take vitamin D3 (10k IU/day), zinc supplement (50 mg/day), probiotics, vitamin B complex since they speed up healing. Your pain should significantly improve in the next few days. Check with your pcp if soreness persists

In brief: Aphthous ulcer

Dr. Vasudha Kaushik
Dr. Vasudha Kaushik
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine