Inflammation near the heel. Swollen and red. Is it gout?

Some doubt of gout. Although gout is certainly one of the possibilities that could cause your swollen, red heel, it wouldn't be my first guess. A focused history and physical exam along with a blood test and x-ray would certainly narrow the possibilities. To remove all doubt, help yourself to the expertise of a specialist.
Need more info. It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor. However what you described suggests tendinitis and not gout.