Can you take 5 mg of Vicodin and 25 mg of Benadryl together? I weigh 113 pounds and I'm a female. I have an ovarian cyst and I hardly ever take pain medications so I'm a little afraid and my allergies are killing me.

In brief: It's OK

Good afternoon, this combination of medications is safe to take, however you may become drowsy so be sure not to drive for the next few hours and do not consume any alcohol.
Hope this helps and your pain improves.

In brief: It's OK

Hope this helps and your pain improves.
Dr. Jacob Petrosky
Dr. Jacob Petrosky
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Nasal steroid?

Whether you can take these medications depend greatly on their adverse effects .
Both Benadryl and Vicodin have sedating effect and Vicodin may cause abdominal upset for some people. However if the pain is bad, you may have little choice. If you are referring to nasal congestion, a nasal steroid will likely work better than an antihistamine.

In brief: Nasal steroid?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham