Should I be concerned about breast cancer when I have milky draininge from my breasts (its not mastitis)? Multiple family members had breast cancer

Dr. Richard Orr
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Probably OK

If the drainage is milky (and not bloody or looking like fluid in a blister) it is probably ok, especially if you are pre-menopausal.
You should probably see a breast speciialist to be sure. If your family history puts you at high enough risk, an MRI may be a better screening than mammography. Look up the gail model on the net to calculate your risk.

In brief: Probably OK

Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Richard Orr
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Worth checking out

Milky discharge is common and doesn't necessarily means you have breast cancer.
It could be physiologic, side effects from medications or drugs, xs stimulation of the nipples, a pituitary tumor, pregnancy...See your doctor to have it evaluated for cause and of course, to rule out cancer. Good luck.

In brief: Worth checking out

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey