I saw my internist for skin cysts that turn into boils, burst, shrink, and then reform again. They often form open tracks. She called them furnaces. They are on my breasts, jaw line, groin, and upper thighs. Can these be caused by CellCept?

Dr. Jana Tomsky Corvalan

In brief: It may..

Cellcept is in general Immunosuppressant.
For reason to prevent rejection of transplants etc.. Any decreases of immunity can make you prone to infections. Skin infections as boils is one of them. Make sure pus was cultured for appropriate treatment choice of Antibiotics if needed.Drainage of pus and meticulous hygiene to prevent spread is important. Please, follow up w your doc. for exam and test

In brief: It may..

Dr. Stuart Hickerson

In brief: Staph

Likely recurrent staph infection.
Yes the CellCept is likely a cause for this. However , I do not know why you are on Cellcept, but usually it for either overactive immune problems.

In brief: Staph

Likely recurrent staph infection.