Hello, I am experiencing severe pain in my wrist on my right hand from the trapezium through to the radius.

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Trapezium

Understanding of anatomy may lead you to the right location and the names of the bones there .
There can be tendinitis. Fracture. Sprain . Ligament injury contusion overuse , joint swelling skin issues , really anything in that area. the scaphoid can be fractured, there can be a radius fracture

In brief: Trapezium

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Stephen Watson
Pain Management

In brief: Scaphoid bone fx

Not knowing what you have done or your medical condition, likely sprained wrist/hand.
If significant trauma, more concern is fractured scaphoid. Splint wrist for one week, ice 4x daily for 15 minutes, acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain. If not better in one week or if significant trauma (fall on hand/wrist) then important to get xray to rule out fractured scaphoid bone.

In brief: Scaphoid bone fx

Dr. Stephen Watson
Dr. Stephen Watson
Dr. Vikram Patel