Follow up question: what is DDD? Currently in PT. Pain & numbness much better. What are the chances I will need surgery with this type of diagnosis? How dangerous is this cervical spine diagnosis? Thank you.

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: DJD?

I think you mean DJD - degenerative joint disease.
This usually not dangerous, can be managed with conservative therapy. Rarely needs surgery.

In brief: DJD?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: DDD.

This stands for "degenerative disc disease".
It implies that your intervertebral discs are drying up and losing their ability to cushion the vertebrae from one another and to facilitate their smooth movement with respect to each other. Surgery of some type is a possibility in this context. Not dangerous, per se, unless a disc herniates and impinges upon the cervical spinal cord.

In brief: DDD.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. William Forsythe