I have white blood cells in my urine sample, and they said it's not an urinary tract infection, what else could it be?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Genital infection?

Women often have elevated WBC in urine because of contamination of the sample with genital fluids.
WBC are common in vaginal fluids, for example, often (but not always) because of infections like yeast and STDs. Also, symptoms of yeast and STDs often are similar to UTI. If you are sexually active and not tested recently for gonorrhea and chlamydia, make sure your doctor knows and get tested.

In brief: Genital infection?

Dr. Jane Van Dis