At 24 weeks, I was told by high risk Dr that I have a low lying placenta but it's not covering the cervix. How likely will it move to the top?

Dr. Richard Reams

In brief: Likely

The placenta has to be watched but many low lying placentas migrate up the wall of the uterus as it grows.
There are some of them that will get close to the os(opening) of the uterus but most will still remain away from blocking the opening. Just be patient and follow your doctors instructions and they will keep track of the migration as your pregnancy develops. I hope this helped.

In brief: Likely

Dr. Richard Reams
Dr. Richard Reams
Dr. Timothy Brown

In brief: Probably safe

If it is not covering the cervix now it will not move down and cover it later. As the uterus grows the space between the placenta and the cervical opening will likely increase, but that is not to say it will "move to the top.
" Any problem will likely declare itself with bleeding, so report any such episodes promptly to your doctor.

In brief: Probably safe

Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Timothy Brown
Dr. Roger Duvivier

In brief: Fairly likely

If you have not had a previous Cesarian or uterine scar and if your placenta is mostly posterior, there is a fairly good chance that your "low lying placenta which is not covering the cervix" will not cause you any problem.

In brief: Fairly likely

Dr. Roger Duvivier
Dr. Roger Duvivier
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham