I know you aren't suppose to blow your nose when you have a ruptured ear drum, but what if you do it with a ear plug in & hear a pop but can hear stil?

May delays healing. The reason nose blowing is discouraged is that the perforation heals from the outside in by the very thin inner and outer drum layers. It is missing the tough central layer so if you were to force air into the ear from the nose it could blow the healing layers outward and prevent self repair even if there was an ear plug in place. Over 90% will heal spontaneously.