Got hit on the right side of chest in breast area with a backhoe bucket. My chest hurts alittle , but my back,same area, has extreme sharp pains when i cough, sneeze, move wrong or move suddenly. What could cause this pain?

Dr. Harinder Gill
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Musculoskeletal

Likely a rib injury--a chest X-ray should be obtained

In brief: Musculoskeletal

Dr. Harinder Gill
Dr. Harinder Gill
Dr. Troy Ross
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Broken rib?

it is likely you damaged your ribs.
It's possible to break the bones or damage the cartilage that connects to the bone. Either of those can heal without treatment but if the pain doesn't start getting better after a couple of weeks you should be seen for a diagnosis. See a doctor sooner if you get short of breath or feel ill - those could be signs injury or infection in the lung.

In brief: Broken rib?

it is likely you damaged your ribs.
Dr. Troy Ross
Dr. Troy Ross
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham