I'm pregnant and stepped on a small piece of glass that contained lead paint. It punctured my foot. Should I be concerned about lead poisoning?

No. This chance exposure is unlikely to do anything beyond cause an infection at the site, or tetanus.If you cleaned the wound well and monitor the site for redness and swelling you are fine. If it starts looking bad see your doc.Lead toxicity is primarily do to inhaled lead dust or ingested material.Your doc can do a simple blood test if it would give you more peace of mind.

Related Questions

Is it possible the lead paint in our home caused my son to get lead poisoning?

Possible/likely. Peeling paint may have contaminated the soil in and around the house and children can ingest lead by eating dirt. They may also ingest lead by "mouthing" painted surfaces. Read more...
Possibly. If your child was exposed by ingesting the lead from paint chips or erosion, maybe. Ablood test could confirm the possibility. Read more...
Possible. If the paint in your house is peeling and paint chips are accessible the answer is yes. Consider the outside of the house and anywhere the chil visits regularly. Such as relatives homes, day care etc. Read more...