I have been wearing slightly tight shoes for five days since the third day My big toe feels partly numb and it has not stopped for 3 days what to do?

Dr. David Wiebe
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Neurapraxia

This is like a bruising of the nerve.
It can take days to weeks to resolve, but it usually does. Avoid further damage by wearing very loose shoes for now.

In brief: Neurapraxia

This is like a bruising of the nerve.
Dr. David Wiebe
Dr. David Wiebe
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Paresthesia.

You are feeling the effects of putting pressure on the nerve that protects the inside of the big toe.
The feeling is called paresthesia and will subside with time. Avoid wearing the shoe as repeated injury to the nerve could cause a more permanent problem.

In brief: Paresthesia.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Eric Weisman