I have had waves of dizziness for about two years now. They happen randomly. I have epilepsy and am very well controlled with medication. I do not hav?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Three thoughts.

In your case, dizzy sensations may arise from three potential locations - the inner ear (vertigo, labyrinthitis), the cerebellum or perhaps your medications.
Having a history of epilepsy, I would assume you've had a brain MRI at some point along the way? This would let us know about the inner ears and cerebellum. If you haven't had one recently, you may want to consider it.

In brief: Three thoughts.

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine