What can I take to not get pregnant?

LARCs are best. The Long-Acting-Reversible-Contraceptives, LARCs which include the intrauterine devices and the subdermal implants are the most effective reversible and reliable methods for "not getting pregnant". If you desire a surgical method of less reversible contraception, blocking your tubes by a laparoscopic or hysteroscopic operation should be considered ( or ask your partner to have a vasectomy).
A woman can take... A woman can take some time off away from the men. No men = no babies. Or, she can take a friend or two along, whenever she is out with a guy. Safety in numbers, as unplanned sex rarely happen when friends go out in groups. If she plans to have sex, she can take a trip to the store beforehand, to buy condoms. She can take a trip to her Ob-Gyn doctor for birth control pills, a Depo shot, or an IUD.