What is paracetamol?

Pain/fever reliever. Other brand names are panadol, tylenol. The generic name is acetaminophen. Used for pain relief, fever relief. Can usually be found over the counter in pharmacies or grocery stores with a medication section. It comes in adult and pediatric formulations.
They are the same. From wikipedia: the words Acetaminophen (used in the United States, canada, japan, south korea, hong kong, and iran) and paracetamol (used elsewhere) both come from a chemical name for the compound: para-acetylaminophenol and para-acetylaminophenol. In some contexts, it is simply abbreviated as apap, for acetyl-para-aminophenol.