Female , 30 years old, Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) onset every year for the last 10 years. Each onset: immunoglobulin and oral prednisone , dexamethasone intravenous injection , injection of platelets. Any other solutions?

Dr. Alvin Wells
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: ITP

Your treatments do sound effective.
I would also suggest a treatment to maintain a long-term response. I would see a rheumatologist. Rituxan has been used as well.

In brief: ITP

Your treatments do sound effective.
Dr. Alvin Wells
Dr. Alvin Wells
Dr. Al Hegab
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Hematologists

Have the answer, I trust you are under the care of one the esperts, and it's your right to seek another opinion, Rhogam and splenectomy can still be an option, but that's case dependent, not every case warrants such treatment.
Stick with the experts, wish you wellness

In brief: Hematologists

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab