My son is 32 mo old. Was diagnosed with global development delay, and autism spectrum, will it be permanent, or will he grow out if it?

In brief: Hard to say

There are some with these features that are labeled early on but emerge later in a more expected pattern of development.
That said, we do not have the benefit of a complete history, exam and or testing, so any prediction of improvement is not founded on fact. I never give up on these kids.I find many involved docs/therapists expect bad outcomes which color their approach.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Julan Crane

In brief: Autism

He won't outgrow it but with treatment he should improve

In brief: Autism