Is there any risk of febrile convulsions occurring in my child?

Yes. Febrile seizures are common and very scary events. They occur in children between the ages of 6 months and 5-6 years of age, when they have a sudden rise in their body temperature. Your child has a higher chance of having febrile seizures if he/she has had them before, or if they have a sibling that has had them.
Yes. Only 3-4% of young children experience febrile convulsion when they develop a high fever. A majority of these children have a strong family history of febrile convulsion in siblings and parents.
Yes. Any young child can have a "seizure with a fever". If the seizure is a minute or less, and the child acts normally a few minutes after the seizure, usually there will be no lasting effects from the seizure. The parents should talk with the doctor right after the seizure. If the child is less than 6 months, or the seizure is worrisome or prolonged, parents should call 911 for an ambulance.
Yes. 1 child in 10 has febrile seizures. These are not preventable with any medication. Fortunately they are not associated with seizure disorder, brain damage or other long term problems here's a little for you: http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=du_e5ri2qj0.
Yes. Most children will never have a febrile seizure. The risk is increased if the child has had a previous seizure or if there is a positive family history. Unfortunately, current evidence does not show that any treatments prevent febrile seizures, however they are not considered serious, but they can be frightening.