MRI results for spinal lumbar.Is it common to have mild/moderate facet osteoarthritis?small posterior disc protrusion mild loss of disc height?im 30!!

In brief: Review with doctor

You are 30 and female.
You have findings on your MRI. You want to know if they are common. The best advice is to review with your doctor. First discuss why the MRI was ordered. It is uncommon to order an MRI for a healthy 30 year old female. Then review what was found and if this follows the clinical findings. A test supports the history that you provide. Hope this helps.

In brief: Review with doctor

You are 30 and female.
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Alvin Wells
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Spine OA

All of these may be common particularly in patients over the age of 40.
The changes on an MRI or an x-ray may not correlate with areas of pain. I usually recommend that my patients use topical therapy with agents such as diclofenac or lidocaine. In addition, I recommend that my patients undergo aggressive core strengthening exercises on a routine basis.

In brief: Spine OA

Dr. Alvin Wells
Dr. Alvin Wells