My neck popped followed by severe pain while taking cipro.A year later the base of my skull stays swollen.My head feels unstable and falls to the left?

Dr. Carrie Cannon

In brief: Cipro side effect?

Tendon rupture in the head and neck area associated with Ciprofloxacin would be highly unusual, but possible.
Please see your primary doctor for MRI/CT studies if indicated by exam and referrals. Your problem could allow an academically-minded physician to publish. I did not find any similar in the medical literature tonight, but it was a brief overview. You may be a popular patient indeed

In brief: Cipro side effect?

Dr. Carrie Cannon
Dr. Carrie Cannon
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine