If my mother smokes and she doesn't have cancer what is the percentage that I as her daughter wont have one too ?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Please don't!

Flower, i really hope from my heart that you will stop smoking.
It is something you must decide for yourself. But here's why i care: smoking hurts you. You have a high chance of cancer of your mouth, throat, nose, bladder, esophagus, etc, not just your lungs. You risk heart attack, stroke, ending up on oxygen for life, and dying young. Many doctors will help if you want to quit! we care!

In brief: Please don't!

Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: I love Flowers!

They smell great, but smokers smell awful.
You do not say how old your mom is, or you are, but truth is that mom doesn't have lung cancer ...Yet, or copd, head and neck cancer, heart disease, bladder cancer pancreas cancer. And kissing someone that smokes is tantamount to licking an ash tray. Smelly, not pretty, expensive. I see why you'd smoke n o t !

In brief: I love Flowers!

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Can't tell

There are too many variables here.
However, you do have a risk of lung cancer from second hand smoke if you live with her..And of course an even higher risk if you smoke too!

In brief: Can't tell

There are too many variables here.
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham