Signs that my baby has a respiratory infection?

Cough and runny nose. A respiratory infection is, basically, a cold. Typical symptoms are cough, runny nose and congestion, restlessness, fever possibly. Sometimes they don't eat as well, especially with the runny nose. If there's trouble breathing, a lot of fever or dehydration, call your pediatrician immediately.
Nasal congestion. An upper respiratory infection (URI) is usually caused by a common cold virus, and the typical symptoms, nasal congestion or runny nose, cough, and decreased appetite for foods, but drinking ok – usually resolves in 3-5 days. Prolonged symptoms, including high fever, worsening cough and increasing fussiness needs evaluation by a doctor. Also, sometimes a middle ear infection complicates a uri.