Every morning for the last month I have wokeb up with a really sore throat, mucus and a head ache but it dissapears around lunch time. Why is this?

Sleep apnea? The sore throat and mucus suggest excessive snoring (your bed partner can verify this) and the headache suggests low oxygen levels and/or high co2 levels. This is suggestive of obstructive sleep apnea. You definitely need to see a doc for this and maybe have a sleep study to diagnose and possibly start treating this.
Sinus? The headache and sore throat can suggest sleep apnea. But the mucus is not part of that and suggests primarily sinusitis with post nasal drip. Esophageal reflux and chronic bronchitis are other possible causes.