Does a class 3 allergy require an epi pen? My daughter just got diagnosed with a class 3 peanut allergy.

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Need epipen (epinephrine)

Numbers do not always correlate well with severity of eventual reaction, so I wouldn't say she's safe because it's only a level 3.
For something like possible peanut allergy, I'd discuss/consult with an allergist because this situation could be life or death

In brief: Need epipen (epinephrine)

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Maya Vazirani
Pediatrics - Neonatology

In brief: Absolutly

peanut allergy is one of the commonest cause of anaphylaxis and the epipen (epinephrine) can be a lifew saver

In brief: Absolutly

Dr. Maya Vazirani
Dr. Maya Vazirani
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Your doctor should

advise about this need.
If it is determined that she needs to carry epinephrine , there are generic versions available from WalMart and most pharmacies can get them, you just may need to ask the pharmacist to order.

In brief: Your doctor should

advise about this need.
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Shontae Buffington