Ella (ulipristal acetate) one emergency contraception taken just shortly after ovulation, period is already 3 days late?

It happens. Ella (ulipristal acetate), (ulipristal acetate) Plan B, and other emergency contraception pills can alter the menstrual bleeding for the cycle in which Ella (ulipristal acetate) was taken, and sometimes the next cycle too. One should be sure to check a home pregnancy test about 3 weeks after sex, because Ella (ulipristal acetate) works most of the time, but not all of the time. Cycles should return to "routine" after the first or second cycle.