Causes of fevers (99-102) recurring like clockwork every month at the same time x6-8 months. Body aches, joint pain, headaches, loss of appetite. ESR was 20, other blood work was generally normal. Slight downward trend of RBCs, and increased eos.

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Relapsing fever

is what you are describing.
This just means a fever that comes back again and again, does not prove any particular cause. However, with your other symptoms and your young age, this is very consistent with an infection by the agent that causes Lyme disease. You definitely should see an ID specialist, have all available testing for Lymes, and other causes considered. Dx is difficult. Good luck!

In brief: Relapsing fever

is what you are describing.
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: FUO

This meets the criterion of fever of unknown origin.
I wonder if you have any symptoms in between episodes or do you feel well then. Infection, autoimmune disease or malignancy like lymphoma are to be considered. I feel that an infectious disease specialist or rheumatologist are best qualified to evaluate you and order the appropriate tests.

In brief: FUO

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Sounds like malaria-

-but the episodes R usually every 1,2,3, or 4th nite.
I would rec U C an infectious disease specialist . In malaria, the blood is only positive 4 spirochetes during the febrile episodes .

In brief: Sounds like malaria-

Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Vicken Poochikian