Knee pain and scared of bone cancer. Had cbc and other blood work and was all perfect. Wouldn't my labs be off if I had cancer in my knee?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Your doctor can chec

Pain in the knee joint is common especially in a person who is overweight.
Most common cause is sprain, injury or damage to the inner linings(arthritis). Cancer is rarely the cause for pain but it can be easily checked out by your doctor's examination, and if needed,with the help of X-rays which can easily reveal cancer of the bone if it is the cause of pain. But Cancer will also causes swelling

In brief: Your doctor can chec

Dr. Paul Garrett
Plain x-ray seems a reasonable to start a persistent knee pain work up in the absence of an obvious cause like minor trauma. Not all bone cancers cause swelling, but thankfully bone cancer is pretty rare. Blood work may help find diffuse bone disease. MRI is great for ligament and cartilage diagnosis, but cannot be done in every case and you must be able to have one in the first place.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine