Is it possible not to gain weight on zyprexa (olanzapine)? the last time I was on it for 3 months it caused 35 lbs of weight gain. But I need it for stopping schiz

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Big challenge!

It really does change the natural bacteria that live in our gut in ways that cause the gain.
It is so common and troubling that there are efforts to find ways to correct it but so far not enough success. Urge your Dr to seek a better alternative if possible or to monitor your GI for optimal function. This is really hard - sorry. Work w/ the Dr to do their best!

In brief: Big challenge!

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel