My right eye has swollen up red, rims of eyes are itchy. Antihistamine tablets working slowly but I have rough crystallised skin under and side eye?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Allergy

This appears to be an allergic reaction to something that comes in contact with your eye area(? eye glasses, cosmetics, hair spray).
Don't apply any cortisone type cream as only special prescription ophthalmic preparations should be used in those areas in case the cream leaks into the eye. It may be best for you to consult an ophthalmologist for diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Allergy